Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Where does your business come from?

I'm in the middle of a busy week in my office at RE/MAX Preferred.  As the last quarter of the year gets underway, Team Chapis is hard at work preparing for next year.  With lofty goals in place for 2015, it is once again time to look in the mirror.  After 28 years in the business I am never amazed at my learning curve, but there is two definite constants I have found that create business building synergy...attitude of course and solid and honest relationships. Really honest relationships.

I recall speaking at a networking meeting in 2009 and talking about the difference between caring and saying you care.  If you remember the business climate 4 years ago, it probably wasn't much of a realization for most but it was a philosophical slap in the face for me.  I dissected myself as a practitioner and a person and determined what was indeed the "meaning of life" for me.  I am a communicator by design so seeing how the closest relationships I have built were my most supportive ones was enlightening.  In a way a weight was lifted because I no longer felt so obligated to anyone and everyone.  Self-awareness is powerful resource.  I digress...

Last evening thanks to David Beruh, Commercial lender at Santander Bank in WC, I had the opportunity to briefly address a fantastic group of real estate related professionals at Kreutz Creek Tasting Room on Gay Street in WC.  The message was the same as in 2009.  I was encouraged that I have actually been taking the advise I have been giving others for several years.  And I believe it, I see it work and it truly makes my business and personal life a whole lot more fun to be living.  Solid relationships are made by people you can count on and who can count on you.  These are the relationships that matter in your personal life and so they should also in your business life. 

As good relationships are the heart of my business, I ask you to please let me know if I can be of service to anyone you know.  In return always ask me if you need a referral for any product or service.  I probably know someone trusted.

 So I ask you...Where does your business come from?




Check out Kreutz Creek Wine:
 http://www.kreutzcreekvineyards.com/

Call Dave Beruh for Commercial lending:
dberuh@sovereignbank.com

No comments:

Post a Comment